Non-newtonian fluids “oobleck”
Make your own quicksand! But before knowing how…do you know what are non-newtonian fluids? You can read about here.
Now that you know better how it works, you are ready to start the experiment. You will need:
- Corn starch or corn flour
- A tray
- A spoon, stick or some tool to stir.
- Fill the tray with some water.
- Add corn starch little by little and mix it slowly. If you try to stir it quickly you will get trapped!
- When you get the liquid and solid consistency at the same time, it is ready!
- Play and have fun!
As a tip, try to catch it and make a ball, can you get it? What happens when you stops? Next video shows how to do it! And if you liked it, please share!